Sunday, September 10, 2017
2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
White Oak Music Hall
2915 N. Main St.
The Houston Archives Bazaar is a FREE, fun event for the community to engage with the amazing historical collections and resources available in the Houston area.
Join the Archivists of the Houston Area! for a day of historical exploration and creation!
- Visit booths and learn about the variety of archives in the area
- Record your own oral history (learn more)
- Learn about preserving your family photographs and documents
- Listen to speakers tell tales about history of Houston and the Gulf Coast
Participating Archives and Organizations
Albert and Ethel Herzstein Library, San Jacinto Museum
Archives of the Archdiocese of Galveston – Houston
Descendants of Olivewood
Digital Public Library of America
Digital Sig Byrd Archive
Houston Archives Collective
Harris County Archives
Harris County Historical Commission (HCHC)
Houston Public Library Special Collections
Houston Symphony Archives
Lamar University Library Archives and Special Collections
McGovern Historical Center, Texas Medical Center Library
Neon Artifact / Wild Dog Archives
Personal Digital Archiving Conference
Recovering Hispanic Heritage -Recovering the US Hispanic Literary Heritage
University of Houston Special Collections
William J. Hill Texas Artisans & Artists Archive, Bayou Bend Collection, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Woodson Research Center / Rice University Fondren Library
A Big Houston Thank You to all of our donors and sponsors that have made this event possible.
Become a Sponsor
To become a Donor or Sponsor, contact Annie Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-274-9684.
- $100 – Your logo and a link on our event website
- $250 – All the above AND your logo and organization name on our on-site signage
- $500 – All the above AND your brochures / giveaways in our event “goodie bags,” one handed out to each attendee
- $750 – All the above AND mention of your organization from the stage by our emcee
- $1000 – All the above AND a booth/table at our event to promote your organization OR a 60 second video played in our projected reel during the event and placed on our website.
Any support for the event helps. You can also donate cash, goods, and services:
- Contribute a cash donation to the event. This would give us the flexibility to use your gift where it is needed most.
- Donate a gift card or a door prize for our attendee raffle.
- SPECIFIC DONATION OF GOODS
- SPECIFIC DONATION OF SERVICES