The University of Houston Libraries is looking for a Coordinator of Digital Projects. The Coordinator of Digital Projects reports to the Head of Special Collections. Primary responsibilities include managing the internal workflow for the department’s digital library projects and supervising assigned personnel. The Coordinator leads departmental efforts, in collaboration with other UH Libraries departments to preserve, process, and provide access to audiovisual and digital materials, including born-digital materials. The Coordinator also serves as Special Collections Department liaison to the Metadata & Digitization Services, Digital Repository Services, and Web Services departments.
The Coordinator of Digital Projects is a librarian position. Librarians hold academic rank pursuant to the Bylaws of the Librarians of the University of Houston. They are expected to develop a record of service and professional involvement. The UH Libraries support the ongoing professional development of librarians and our goal is to recruit librarians committed to continuous learning.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library program
- Demonstrated ability to develop workflows for complex projects
- Understanding of digitization processes, digital collection workflows metadata schemas, and digital asset management systems
- Knowledge of archival theory and best practices
- Familiarity with trends in arrangement, description, preservation, and access for audiovisual and digital materials
- Ability to work effectively, cooperatively, and collaboratively with a variety of individuals and groups across the organization
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Minimum of two years relevant professional experience
- Supervisory experience
- Digital Archives Specialist certificate or similar coursework or training
- Knowledge of copyright and privacy issues related to archival materials
- Experience digitizing archival and special collections materials
For more information, please visit: http://info.lib.uh.edu/about/employment/coordinator-digital-projects