Update: position filled
The Houston Academy of Medicine – Texas Medical Center Library is seeking a project archivist to arrange, process and make accessible to the public a manuscript collection. This project is funded by the generous donation of the patron who donated the collection. The project archivist will be responsible for processing and describing a collection related to the life of a medical doctor, researcher, and teacher. The position will report to the archivist heading the TMC Library’s John P. McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center. This project is estimated to require approximately 300 hours for completion.
- Master of Library Science or equivalent degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated experience with archival principles and practices based on the standards of the Society of American Archivists.
- At least 6 months of archival experience
- Certification from the Academy of Certified Archivists
- Experience with EAD
- Knowledge of DACS
- Use best archives practices at work
- Organize, arrange and describe the collection according to generally accepted professional standards
- Create printed and online finding guides for the processed collection
- Prepare a physical and digital exhibit; provide information or materials from the collection for special events tied to the collection
- Provide assistance and support to librarians and staff when needed
- Collaborate with others to create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and commitment
- Establish and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, interdependence, and customer service
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of basic office software as well as specialized digital skills, including working with XML-based EAD, scanning software, and Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, or equivalent software
- Completes all activities towards the fulfillment of the Library mission and strategic objectives
Please click here for complete job listing
The TMC Library is an equal opportunity employer, providing access to employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.
Email or fax cover letter and resume to:
The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Library is a major research library serving Texas Medical Center researchers, clinicians and students, including two major medical schools and over 20 member institutions. The Library is also the Regional Medical Library for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine South Central Region, with responsibility for providing health information to health professionals and consumers in the five state region of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.