Sharing on behalf of the Technical Sub-Committee on Describing Archives: A Content Standard:
TS-DACS is pleased to announce that a major overhaul and new version of Appendix B: Companion Standards is available. The standards in the appendix provide more detailed rules for describing materials and can be used in conjunction with DACS if you need to provide more granular description.
The appendix has been completely rewritten to account for recent developments in the field and to improve usability.
- New standards added, superseded ones removed.
- Links added to existing citations.
- Full bibliographic citations from modern (i.e. online) standards removed.
- Version details removed, as they change frequently.
- Categories, subcategories, and standards alphabetized.
The appendix covers content standards, data structure standards, and data value standards/thesauri.
You can view the updated Appendix B: Companion Standards on the DACS GitHub site.
More about how TS-DACS is using GitHub
DACS is available as the printed blue book (available from SAA Press), as a PDF, on SAA’s website, and on GitHub. The most current version of DACS is the version on GitHub; all other versions are derivatives of this version.
Information about how TS-DACS is using GitHub to manage the standard over time is available in the readme file.