Society of American Archivists
Philip M. Hamer and Elizabeth Hamer Kegan Award
The Philip M. Hamer and Elizabeth Hamer Kegan Award Subcommittee of the Society of American Archivists seeks nominations (including self-nominations) for the 2017 award.
This award recognizes an archivist, editor, group of individuals, or institution that has increased public awareness of a specific body of documents through compilation, transcription, exhibition, or public presentation of archives or manuscript materials for educational, instructional, or other public purpose. Archives may include photographs, films, and visual archives. Publication may be in hard copy, microfilm, digital, or other circulating medium.
Recent winners include:
- 2016: South Asian American Digital Archive
- 2015: The Legacy Center, Drexel University College of Medicine, for Doctor or Doctress?
- 2014: Emma Goldman Papers Project
- 2013: Densho, The Japanese American Legacy Project
- 2012: Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota
- 2011: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries March On Milwaukee Civil Rights History Project Team
Individual archivists and editors, groups of individuals, and organizations are eligible.
A certificate and a cash prize of $500.
All nominations shall be submitted to SAA by February 28 of each year. CLICK HERE to download the application form, which includes instructions for submission.
For more information on this award, please go to http://www2.archivists.org/governance/handbook/section12-hamer.
For more information on SAA awards and the nominations process, please go to http://www2.archivists.org/recognition.