Sell It to Us!
Present at the RAO Annual Meeting!
The 2016 RAO Program Committee seeks Hot Topics and Cool Demonstrations for provocative conversation and deep thinking at the SAA Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA. On Friday, August 5, from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm, RAO will host its fifth annual Marketplace of Ideas and seeks purveyors of hot topics and cool demonstrations to sell their wares to a savvy audience of RAO archivists. Vendors are asked to present a brief (3-4 minute) infomercial to all meeting attendees, before dividing into separate market stalls—we’ll have 3 rounds of shopping!
The 2016 RAO Program Committee is especially interested in hearing from vendors who’d like to present on the following topics or themes:
- Access to Born Digital Collections – This could be a policy discussion regarding privacy or confidentiality, as well as access policy and procedural issues, or the technology and manpower needed to make it happen.
- Assessment – What stats do you keep? What’s important? How do you track these stats? How do you use these at your institution?
- Archival Outreach on a Shoestring – Do you use any project planning tools for outreach? What do you need to commit to outreach at a minimum level?
- Designing Assignments – How to design/help design an archival research assignment or program that incorporates faculty and their students?
- Lone Arrangers and Advocacy 101 – How to educate your host institution or non-archivist colleagues about what an archives is, what you/the archives does, and why it’s so darn important?
To submit an application, simply complete the application at http://bit.ly/1N0UTpr byMay 10th, 2016.
The RAO Program Committee will notify all applicants about the status of their proposal by May 30, 2016.
Thank you, and see you in Atlanta!