The Kinkaid School is seeking an experienced archivist/assistant librarian for the successful execution of archival processing of physical and born-digital records. This full-time position reports to the Director of Libraries in the Upper School Division and also shares in the responsibilities of managing aspects of the Upper School Library, including educational sessions for students and faculty.
Archivist/Assistant Librarian, Moran Library (Upper School)
- Manage the institutional repository of the school and assist in the maintenance of school wide records retention program.
- Work with staff throughout the school to support the use and promotion of archival materials.
- Support the needs of the Advancement Office.
- Follow national standards and best practices for archival description, process and arrange institutional records, recommend and implement appropriate preservation procedures, work with Archon software to generate encoded finding aids.
- Create and manage procedures specifically for the preservation of born digital and digitized archival records.
- Assist with reference responsibilities and other aspects of supporting an effective and efficient Upper School library.
- Train and supervise volunteers assigned to assist with projects.
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, and attending professional development courses and trainings.
- Master of Library Science degree from an accredited institution, specializing in archival enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience with standard archival principles and practices, preferably within an institutional repository
- Certification from the Academy of Certified Archivist, or Digital Archives Specialist preferred.
- Experience with Archon, Archivists’ Toolkit, or ArchivesSpace or other XML database.
- Interest in the history of The Kinkaid School and preserving its institutional memory.
- Exemplifies Kinkaid’s four core values (honesty, responsibility, respect, and kindness) in interactions with all members of the Kinkaid community.
- Collegial, Energetic, and Engaging.
- Knowledge of current digital preservation trends, tools, and best practices
- General fitness for lifting archive boxes up to 20 pounds and moving loaded carts.
- Please submit Cover Letter, Resume, and References to:
Dr. Edward M. Trusty, Jr.
The Kinkaid School
201 Kinkaid School Dr.
Houston, TX, 77024