Please join us for an AHA event in celebration of Preservation Week
Archives digitization presentation and roundtable
Tuesday, April 24, 6-8pm
Rice University, Fondren Library, Kyle Morrow Room
Representatives from University of Houston, Houston Public Library, and Rice University will each present a 10 minute overview of their digitization programs, and then invite open discussion and questions.
Other AHA members who are also engaged in digitization (or would like to be) are encouraged to attend and share their experiences as well. We hope to see you there!
Topics to covered in the overviews:
– what kinds of materials does the repository digitize?
– are they available online? where?
– if material is online, what platform and software are used?
– what is the workflow for such projects?
– how does preservation of these digital objects take place?
– documentation / guidelines which can be shared
– digitization challenges and victories
Panelists include Roland Lemonius and Amber Seely from Houston Public Library, Valerie Prilop and Nicci Westbrook from the University of Houston, and Amanda Focke, Dara Flinn, and Monica Rivero from Rice University.